When a person seeks medical help, it is important for them to get it quickly and as comfortably as possible. Therefore, for medical institutions, the navigation system is of great importance, which allows visitors, for the most part, to navigate independently in the room.
Problems with navigation in medical centers for adults and children lead to the loss of precious time, irritation of visitors, increase in their stress levels and deterioration of well-being. Also, disoriented customers are more likely to contact the employees of the institution to ask where a particular office is located. By doing so, they distract staff from performing their direct duties.
Therefore, high-quality navigation benefits patients and employees of medical centers.
Nuances of People's Behavior in Medical Institutions
Visitors to such institutions are more or less characterized by the following features:
- state of stress;
- on the first visit — high level of uncertainty, confusion;
- fear for your own health or the health of a loved one;
- lack of information.
The COVID-19 pandemic has further exacerbated these problems in medical institutions. Therefore, the management of many clinics and centers is now actively engaged in making it as easy as possible for people to receive professional help.
There are no small things in this process, absolutely all chains in the provision of medical services have to be of high quality. Patients want to receive not only the help of a doctor, but also good service, and the management of medical institutions strives to reduce the waiting time for each patient. After all, untimely help not only causes indignation of customers, but can also cause fatal consequences for their health.
Tasks That can be Solved Using Medical Signs
Navigation signs in medical centers additional communication channel with patients. It helps to:
- reduce time required to search for the desired room;
- share user flows and increase safety for example, specify where to go for patients with acute respiratory viral infections;
- increase satisfaction level of patients;
- reduce the burden on employees by eliminating the need to frequently answer visitors' questions about navigation.
What you Should Consider When Ordering Navigation Signs for Medical Institutions
The main disadvantage of navigation in a medical facility its absence. Visitors are also irritated by:
- uninformativeness of signs;
- too small letters that are difficult to read;
- lack of Braille for people with visual and hearing impairments.
To develop a high-quality navigation system for a medical institution, first of all, you need to choose a design of signs for hospitals, which will be in harmony with the style of the room. Also, Bsign experts recommend to pay attention to the following factors.
- Consider the background where medical signs for offices will be located. For example, black letters on a dark background will be lost.
- Give preference to contrasting color combinations, perfect — black and white. Avoid similar shades.
- Don't use more than five colors for navigation signs.
- Choose the optimal size of signs for medical institutions. For example, a person with normal vision can see letters 15 millimeters high from a distance of about seven meters, and if you have visual impairments, you can read text of this size, being half a meter away from the sign. When there is a lot of text on the product or information is duplicated in several languages — we need to increase its size.
Where and how to Place Medical Signs
These products are most needed in the so-called decision-making points, that is, zones where a person decides where to go next. For medical institutions this is:
- Entrance and reception. It is advisable to place a large navigation sign for the hospital with floor plans here.
- Stairs. In this area, you need signs with the numbers of floors and rooms that are available on the floor. It is also worth noting in which direction to look for the elevator.
- Corridors and their intersections. Here you should have: signs on the door for medical offices with names of doctors, office numbers and their assignments, such as a treatment room or office space. And where the corridors intersect, you should place a sign with the floor plan. Products that indicate the locations of fire extinguishers and emergency exits will also not hurt here.
- Elevators. When a person is already in the elevator, they will be happy to see a sign in it, on which, for example, the names of departments that are on the floors are written.
Keep in mind that it is better to place signs for medical institutions at eye level or slightly higher. So, they will be clearly visible. Also think about the height of Braille signs. They should be accessible to wheelchair users. Usually, the optimal height for this is about 1.2 - 1.6 meters from the floor level.
Signs for Medical Centers From Bsign Online Store
We have been manufacturing signs for more than ten years, so we can make unique products for you, customized to your needs. For example, add to medical signs for offices your company logo, change the shape or size of products, choose the perfect color of wood or acrylic.
Do you want to place an order, have ideas or questions about signs and numbers for hospitals? Leave your contacts in the form, soon manager of Bsign online store will contact you and give you a free consultation.