Introduction to hotel door signs
Every hotel owner and manager aims to make the best impression on customers, no matter what the status and the price of services the hospitality facility provides. To achieve this, they use different methods and apply different design solutions. Unfortunately, many might underestimate the importance of hotel door plaques. They might think that these mandatory elements don’t make a huge difference, but the reality is the opposite.
Hotel door plates aren’t just navigation elements that number rooms and show the directions to different wings of a hospitality facility. Except for being helpful guides, hotel signs play an important role in the interior of a building. Managers and interior designers who realize this are trying to find the most unique plates that will be budget-friendly for their facilities.
In today’s review, we will try to explain to you how to choose the best hotel room door signs. From this article, you will also find out how to find the most durable and authentic plaques. Don’t waste your time, get familiar with our top recommendations right now!
Recommendations on choosing hotel room door signs
When choosing hotel door numbers, it’s necessary to pay attention not only to your needs and tastes. There are several more important factors that have a great impact on your final choice. Consider answering the following questions:
- Will be a hotel door sign visible to visitors? The major purpose of placing hotel signs is wayfinding and marking the places. Plates won’t fulfill these requirements if guests of your hotel won’t see them. How to achieve the visibility of a hotel door plaque? Obviously, you shod consider the colors. Don’t choose signs that are painted the same colors as the hotel doors. Pay attention to products that come in different hues and choose the options that will have the most visible contrast with the hotel doors. While considering the contrast, you should also make sure that the combination of colors will look appropriate in the general style of a facility.
- Will a door number be of proper size? This factor also impacts the visibility of a sign because visitors won’t see tiny symbols from a distance. On the other hand, you can install a huge number because it might look awkward and won’t correspond to the hotel’s interior. The standard size of a hotel room number varies between 4-6 inches (10-16 cm) tall.
- Will the chosen materials suit the design? If you have a luxurious hotel, you can’t install a cheap plastic door number. It will look inappropriate. Or, on the opposite, - don’t put gold or silver signs with elegant engravings in an ordinary hostel. This will look vainly and your clients might feel uncomfortable.
- Will the chosen materials last long? When choosing hotel door signs, you wish to make a long-term investment. Choose the materials that suit your budget and won’t cover in rust in a few months. We will explain what are the best materials in the following abstract.
What to pay special attention to when choosing door signs for hotels
You must be very careful when numbering your hotel rooms. There are strict rules every hotel has to follow. If you have your own creative approach, make sure it won’t cause difficulties and inconveniences to clients. Sometimes, excessive creativity might be very inappropriate.
One of the core rules of numbering hotel rooms is to number all rooms on the same floor with the same starting digit. Rooms on the third floor should start from 3, i.e., 300, 301, 302, 303, 304, and so on.
One more thing to consider is that your numbering system should be systematic. You can’t just install room numbers randomly because clients won’t be able to navigate through your hotel. This way you will neglect the major purpose of any hospitality facility - to provide the best customer experience.
Advantages of hotel room door signs
Don’t underestimate the benefits of door signs because they may turn out to be very valuable for your hospitality business. You should take into account the fact the use of hotel room door signs has the following advantages:
- Consistency. Plaques make the interior design finished. These are very small elements but without them, the interior of a hotel won’t seem to be consistent and finished. Signs and numbers clients see in a hotel quickly become an integral part of a business, that’s why you should take care of consistency.
- Wayfinding. New clients, who visit your hotel for the first time, can’t navigate through it without wayfinding signs. They might be uncomfortable asking for assistance from your staff. That’s why, if you want them to feel cozy and comfortable in your facility, install wayfinding signs.
- Enhancing authenticity. Unique plates might enhance the authenticity of a hotel. This feature also contributes well to your brand development. You can take your brand to a higher level only if it’s inimitable and authentic.
Best materials for hotel signs
- Stainless steel. To make sure that the sign will last longer choose the products made of stainless steel. If maintained properly, they might last forever. Besides, steel signs are very solid and it’s difficult to scratch them or damage them in any other way.
- Wood. Wood is the best material if you aim to achieve a rustic look. Such signs aren’t very expensive because it’s not difficult for crafters to work with them. So you can make a very good impression if you order a really quality product from the best manufacturer.
- Acrylic. This material looks very elegant and classy. Acrylic is the best material if you want to achieve a sleek and eye-catching look. It can also add contrast. If the best visibility is what you aim to achieve, consider this option.
Why choose custom hotel signs
If you want to make the most of the hotel signs, make customized orders. This way you will be able to choose the necessary colors, materials, and adjust sizes. This is all easy and reasonably priced if you work order from the Bsign online store. Explore the selection of Bsign hotel signs in different designs and make the best choice for your business.
How to calculate the cost of hotel room signs?
The cost of our products is indicated on the website, for the calculation of non-standard products, please contact us. The cost of bulk orders is calculated taking into account the discount.
Do you need another design?
We always love to try something new and will take on the task to produce signs according to your design, just write the necessary information to us by the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
What are the options for attaching the number signs?
1. Stick with double-sided tape if the surface is smooth (painted smooth wall, door, wood, tile, metal, plastic)
2. Screw onto metal spacers if the surface is not smooth. The sign will hang 20 mm from the wall.