How to choose apartment door numbers
When entering your new apartment, the final thing you would usually do is attach apartment door numbers and signs. Today, these elements of exterior and interior are increasing in popularity because they can enhance the best features of the design and make the room doors look more modern and fashionable. The variety of different options increases together with the growing demand for these products.
The more apartment numbers for doors you see, the more difficult it might be for you to choose the most appropriate option. This is because you might be willing to buy not just one plaque to put on your entry door, but some gins to attach to the room doors. The choice is difficult but you shouldn’t neglect the specific aesthetics of your apartment and choose some random options. Even if you have a traditional dwelling, buying an appropriate set of apartment door number signs is vital due to different reasons.
Today, we will try to explain these reasons to you, so that you could make a better choice. You will understand what aspects are the most important and what people consider when buying these plaques. Learn how to pick up the most suitable option for your house and look through the selection of the best door numbers.
Visibility of apartment door signs
Apartment signs are installed not just for fashion and aesthetic purposes, they have their well-defined functions. The major function of such numbers is to indicate some things. If these are apartment door signs, they show the address of the house, if these are room door plaques, they indicate where something inside the dwelling is situated. To satisfy this purpose completely, apartment door signs must be visible.
When installing these attachments, the owner must make sure that the visitors will be able to read numbers without difficulties. They should be readable at might as well. Many apartment numbers are difficult to read when it’s getting darker, this causes inconveniences.
Some people may be wondering - how to install the attachments to the doors to make them readable in darkness? Here we have a couple of aspects to consider when buying or ordering numbers.
Why unit door numbers should have a contrast
If you consider the contrast when making your choice, you will increase your chance to make the sign better readable. What color do your doors have? If they are painted white, choosing plaques of light color isn’t the best idea. Look for the option painted black instead. Maybe, you will fancy another color. The only thing you should keep in mind is that your main task is not to let the color of your sign blend with the door and the wall.
Consider the sizes of apartment door plaques
Choosing the sizes of apartment door plaques is the same important as choosing the appropriate style. Except for your personal taste and the size of your door, you should pay attention to special ordinance requirements that are relevant to your state or city. Make sure you are aware of this in order to be able to avoid potential fines.
If you live in a detached house but not in an apartment, it’s necessary to make your door sign visible from the road. Remember that in such cases you can put your door number only on the door but not on the walls. Usually, to make signs visible from the road, customers buy numbers 4 inches (around 10 cm) tall. If you shop for custom plaques in the BSign store, you can make a specific order to fit specific sizes. Besides, the company crafts not only numbers but room door signs as well.
Find the best materials for your apartment unit number signs
Choosing materials might turn out to be the most complicated process for many buyers. This is because many people simply don’t know what materials can combine all the features to meet both their aesthetic and functional requirements. No one wants the attachment to cover with rust. This might spoil the exterior, and interior, and harm other materials.
Choosing proper materials impacts the quality of custom apartment number signs. Invest money in products that are durable and appealing from the visual point of view as well. But how to figure out that the sign will last for several years and won’t become worse visually? Here are our tips.
What are the best materials for custom apartment number signs?
- Stainless steel. If the durability of a door sign is the major criterion for you, consider ordering custom products made of stainless steel. This material might suit different interior styles from traditional to modern. Its stylish look will suit every home if you just consider all the above-mentioned aspects.
- Acrylic glass. Acrylic glass is a very good material if you consider enhancing sophisticated, and contemporary design. Additionally, if treated properly, it will last long. Acrylic glass custom numbers aren’t afraid of rust. However, we recommend using it for room door plaques. This material is very good to add some engraving elements, which will make your interior look really unique.
- Wood. This is not as widely used an option as the two mentioned before. Nonetheless, wood signs have a very welcoming look and add a warm atmosphere to your dwelling. Engraving on wood signs might be made by applying different techniques. It’s very easy to make a highly-customizable order.
Finally, you can combine this material and order a completely unique product. This is all possible with the BSign online store, which has long-term experience in working with different materials of the highest quality. The entire process is focused on satisfying the needs of customers.
Consider how you will install your modern apartment door numbers
Take a look at our recommendations on how to attach the door plate:
- Choose the spot and mark the position on your doors;
- Make sure that the chosen surface is clean;
- Screw the holes in marked spots. Typically, you have to screw the upper and the lower holes with your drill.
- Put the plate and insert the screws into the holes of the sign;
- Screw them into the position and make sure that the sign is attached properly.
How to place an order?
If you have a list of numbers/signs in same size and color, please, order like this: personalization ''101 - 120, 201 - 221'' and quantity ''41''
How long will it take to manufacture?
We make single orders within 1-3 days, for a batch of 100 - 200 pcs. we will need 7-10 days
How long will it take for delivery?
Standard shipping 7 business days for all maps (by USPS).
Expedition shipping 2 business days for the rest of the goods (by FedEx).
3-6 business days for all signs (by Landmark). To Italy and Spain it takes a little bit more.
14 business days (by USPS).
14 business days (by Ukrposhta).
4-8 business days (by TNT).