Door numbers - more than just numbers
The first thing people see when they come to visit is the front door. If the appearance of the door system is inappropriate, the initial impression will be unpleasant. It seems that the license plate is an almost inconspicuous detail. However, agree, if it is old or untidy, it will spoil the appearance of even an expensive door, so in the pursuit of creating a cozy interior, do not forget about this detail. As you know, it is the little things that make up the big picture.
Now in the stores you can find a lot of options for all tastes and wallets. When choosing should be guided by the material from which the door is made, its color and design, as well as the appearance of accessories. Let's talk about the most popular varieties of rooms.
Number plates for doors
This option will suit the owners of solid, expensive, classic doors, on which simple models of plastic or aluminum plates will look alien. Beautiful products of brass in Bsign will emphasize the high status of the residents of the house. The noble dull luster will add sophistication and elegance. Make sure that the rest of the fittings are of high quality as well.
Office door numbers are often exclusive. To place them on the door leaf are made special recesses, which are the same shape and size. Then finished numbers are placed there. You can choose a font you like, on its model will be made of unique numbers in brass. Among other things, this metal alloy is very strong, which guarantees the longevity of the product.
Stainless Steel Numbers
Unlike the previous one, this option is not suitable for classic door models. While brass numbers gave a certain touch of antiquity, stainless steel numbers are the choice for technological, modern doors. They look especially appropriate and harmonious on metal doors. It is best if the figures will be rough square shape to achieve the effect of reliability.
The production and installation of these models is the same as that of brass products. Numbers on stainless steel doors are also usually ordered when the door is made. However, you can also buy and attach steel numbers yourself. The main advantage of this product is the preservation of the original appearance for many years.
Plastic Door Numbers
Numbers on the door from plastic - the cheapest of the presented options, and therefore very popular. They are made with the help of laser engraving and mechanical milling. The advantage is that with plastic models you can highlight even the most boring entrance doors, using a variety of fonts and color combinations. However, these license plates have one serious disadvantage: due to poor heat resistance, they are absolutely not suitable for the street.
Numbers for doors of wooden
Wooden numbers are ideal for wooden doors. It is only important that they are different in color. So that the door sign number doesn't get lost against the same shade, the colors should contrast with each other.
Such license plates are made of solid planks by laser engraving and cutting. This produces products with a beautiful natural tone. Sometimes painted images are applied to the finished numbers.
How to attach door number plates?
Once you have decided on the choice of the license plate, it needs to be attached to the front door. However, before proceeding directly to screwing or gluing the numbers, you need to determine the best place to place the plate with the number. Focus should be on the fact that arriving people do not have too long to look for the cherished front door number signs.
Armed with a ruler, measure the distance from the door lock to the top edge of the door. In the middle make a pencil mark. At this level it is recommended to place the apartment number. Of course, you do not have to strictly follow this rule. If visibility is not affected by this, you can attach the license plate in any other place.
Decide which mounting method is appropriate in your case. Some identification plates are screwed down, others are glued down. It's a good idea if the method you choose has been used before to attach a door handle. Also consider the fact that metal, wood or brass exterior door numbering signs are quite heavy, so it is better to attach them with screws. Whereas the numbers made of lightweight plastic won't fall off under their own weight if they are glued on.
License Plate(s) to be screwed on
The mounting procedure is as follows:
- The number is applied to the pre-marked and mark on the door leaf the places where the holes for the screws will be located.
- In the drill is fixed a drill, the diameter of which corresponds to the diameter of the screws.
- In the marked places, drill holes for screwing the fasteners.
- The number is attached to the door.
- Insert the screws into the drilled holes and screw them in with a screwdriver or a screwdriver.
- Do not forget to observe safety precautions in the process: make sure that long hair or clothing will not fall into the working drill, protect your eyes with glasses, so they do not get crumbs.
Self-adhesive numbers fit doors made of any material. Attaching them is very easy:
- You need to make sure that the surface intended for sticking the identification plate is perfectly clean. If it is not, wash and wipe the desired area dry.
- Carefully remove the paper that covers the sticky part of the plate.
- Find the pencil mark you made earlier on the door and press the license plate to it.
- In the process of gluing you need to act carefully. Because if the number on the door will be attached crooked, you will not be able to reuse it, and the surface will have to clean off any glue residue.
For each door, you can find interior door numbers that will perfectly match the color and style. To do this, it is only necessary to allocate a little time to find the right option in the available variety.
First of all, you need to determine what method of mounting the numbers is appropriate in this particular case. The fact is that some identification plates are glued to the door, while others are screwed on. After that, you need to mark the location of the license plate on the leaf. To do this, measure the distance between the locking mechanism and the top of the leaf and divide it in half: at this level, it is recommended to place the numbers, shifting them to the middle of the leaf. Metal and wooden plates are better to attach to the structure with screws, otherwise they will not withstand and fall off because of their own weight. The mounting procedure is as follows:
- The plate is attached to the previously drawn mark and pencil mark the holes for the screws on the leaf.
- Select a thin drill (its diameter must match the diameter of the fasteners) and fasten it in the drill.
- In the places marked on the sash drill holes for screws.
- Set the numbers and insert the fasteners into the drilled holes.
- Use a screwdriver to tighten the screws.
Lightweight numbers can be attached to the leaf on a double-sided adhesive tape. The surface of the entrance door, where the number will be glued, must be perfectly clean. Carefully remove the tape glued to the sticky surface of the plate, bring the number to the pre-made mark on the canvas and stick the license plate. Such an operation must be carried out very carefully and accurately: there will not be a second attempt. If you make a mistake during gluing, you will have to peel the number and clean the surface where you tried to glue it. You won't be able to use it again, so you'll have to buy a new one.
Self-adhesive numbers that we offer to buy in USA are multifunctional: the door number serves for navigation, decorates the entrance to a building or a separate room, and backlit models allow easy orientation in low light conditions. For outdoor use, there are products made of durable materials that are unaffected by moisture, UV light and other factors. The main options for the numbers are as follows:
- Flat, volumetric or pseudo-volumetric figures, which are cut from sheet material.
- Plates on which numbers are printed or volumetric elements are fixed.
- Original variants made according to a complex pattern.
- Relief inscriptions carved into the surface of the plate.
The use of self-adhesive numbers allows signs to be attached to metal, glass, plastic, wood, varnished chipboard. We offer manufacturing plates on the door of plastic and other materials by UV printing, which allows you to put on the number not only numbers, but also the logo and other advertising information. Door license plates - an important element of any enterprise. Hotels, offices, schools and other organizations that have a large number of offices, can not do without the numbering of rooms. Despite the small size of such plates, their production should be approached with great reverence. Not only the interior of the room, but also the company's image depends on the appearance of the rooms.
How do I choose a door number sign that is right for me?
1. Evaluate the interior in which the numbers will hang and choose the design that best suits your style. For example, people often order numbers with stainless steel, which is in good harmony with the door fittings.
2. Estimate the surface on which the number will be placed. If the wall is smooth (door, painted wall, wood, tile, metal, plastic), the number can be placed on double-sided tape. If you have texture or decorative plaster, choose the numbers with the holders.
3. Immediately make sure that all navigation is done in the same style. Restroom, No smoking, Names of offices and departments - we can make completely different pictograms and signs in the same style.
What are the options for attaching the number signs?
There are two options for attaching numbers:
1. Stick with double-sided tape if the surface is smooth (painted smooth wall, door, wood, tile, metal, plastic)
2. Screw onto metal spacers if the surface is not smooth. The sign will hang 20 mm from the wall.
How to place an order?
If you have a list of numbers/signs in same size and color, please, order like this: personalization ''101 - 120, 201 - 221'' and quantity ''41''